(Please note that all information is subject to change as we navigate the pandemic situation. Your coopeartion and patience is appreciated.)
RETURN TO SCHOOL PLAN - updated according to CDC and ADH December 2020 guidelines:
With the health and safety of our students and faculty as our utmost priority, our Sacred Heart Covid Task Force continues to work tirelessly to maintain an updated plan of action as we navigate the changing landscape of life during Covid19. The most current policies detailing how we intend to mitigate any potential illness or exposure is below. We will use this algorithm to determine each step we take, guided by the directives and recommendations of the CDC and the Arkansas Department of Health.
Specific changes reflect the December 3rd directives from the Arkansas Department of Health regarding length of quarantines for those that are considered a Probable Close Contact (PCC) to a person infected with COVID-19. It is as follows:
• Quarantine can end after Day 10 (i.e. Return on Day 11) without testing and if no symptoms have been reported during daily monitoring.
• Quarantine can end after Day 7 (i.e. Return on Day 8) if a close contact tests negative (“send-off” PCR test, rapid is not accepted) and if no symptoms were reported during daily monitoring. The specimen may be collected no sooner than a full 5 days after exposure, but quarantine cannot be discontinued earlier than after Day 7.
• If at any time someone in quarantine as a close contact develops symptoms of COVID-19, they should immediately isolate and get tested for COVID-19 (even if they previously had a negative test during this quarantine). We emphasize that the above two options only apply to those who have no symptoms.
Please contact Mr. Greeson, the SH Point of Contact for COVID-19 @ email@example.com if the following occur:
1. Your student has symptoms of COVID-19
2. Someone in the household is being tested for COVID-19
3. Your student is being tested for COVID-19
4. Someone in the household is positive with COVID-19
Policies regarding the Management of Illness (12.07.20)
The guidelines below ONLY apply to CLOSE CONTACTS to a positive case. Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 will follow the guidance for ISOLATION.
08.26.2020 | Pickup procedure for rainy days:
High school pickup remains unchanged. Elementary students will wait in the hallway. Parents should enter on St. Vincent St., come under the church awning in TWO LINES and proceed in front of the elementary building in two lines. Your child(ren) will be escorted to your vehicle. Please note that this is ONLY for rainy days. All other days, elementary parents are asked to park and walk up to the building to collect children (you can walk between the yellow tape - it is there to prevent cars). Please remember social distancing and masking guidelines.
Authorization Forms (please complete one for each student!)
Drop-off/pick up/lunch Buddy Greeson
Recess/PE Patti Bottoms
Protocols for sickness Sandy Greeson
Sanitization of school Alisha Koonce
Google Classroom Buddy Greeson
Open House Alisha Koonce
Registration Annise Ryan/Barbi Kordsmeier
Social Distancing/classroom setup Buddy Greeson
Faith Formation Mary Kay Wiedower
Communication Alisha Koonce/Angie Hartman/Haylee Beck/Jennifer Roscoe
Outside of quarantine, parents are expected to commit to either in-person or virtual instruction for 9 weeks, unless given permission to do otherwise. Please contact the office to make changes to the type of instruction.
Virtual expectations for elementary students
Virtual expectations for high school students
How to login to Google Classroom and what it looks like
How to complete and assignment and join Google Meet
Student Directions for Google Classroom and Google Meet
How to Attach and Submit Work in Google Classroom